Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hello

Hey Y'all!


This blog is being created and updated for my Fall 2012 Health & Medical Journalism class. I will update it before the due dates throughout the semester (until Dec. 21 2012) and it will feature interesting/opinions about any topic in the medical field, written from a journalist's POV. I hope to inspire any and all readers to think about their medical.

Let me repeat the important part of that sentence: I am a journalist. Not a doctor. So don't come here hoping for medical advise. Because all I've got for that is folk healing and this statement "Dude, I don't know. Go see a doctor!"

Also, if I make a mistake with terminology, please let me know. I'm more than happy to admit I've made a mistake and correct it.

Comments are lovely and greatly appreciated!
Until next time!

-Joe

3 comments:

  1. I should put the same warning up on my blog. I hope people aren't scrolling thinking they're getting advice from an expert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. I only put the disclaimer because I follow a Youtube vlogger who talks about sexual health and I keep having to remind myself that she's a music major at Berkley, not a doctor. haha.

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't worry about disclaimers. I think the important thing is to use the blog to think and comment upon substantive issues in the health and medical journalism field. I appreciate the folksy charm here, Joe; I think it can put people at ease. But you don't want to nullify your thoughts and opinions either. Just find a topic and discuss it. Readers are looking to you for knowledge and ideas. I'd like to see you how you will take on a subject. Is there something in the reading that interested you?
    P.S. - I am signed in as Alter Neuland, M.D.-- just for fun!

    ReplyDelete